Luping Ji，associate professor, PhD supervisor. He graduated from Beijing Institute of Technology in June 1999 with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical and electrical engineering. He graduated from University of Electronic Science and Technology in June 2005 and June 2008, and received a master’s degree in computer application technology and a doctorate in computer software and theory. After graduating from Ph.D. in 2008, he has been teaching and researching for a full time in the School of Computer Science and Engineering. From September 2016 to September 2017, he studied at the University of Houston (United States). The main research directions are neural network, deep learning and pattern recognition. They have presided over projects such as the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the Central University Research Fund, and the Doctoral Fund of the Ministry of Education. They are on IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Pattern Recognition, and IEEE Transactions on Systems. More than 20 papers have been published in mainstream journals and international conferences such as Man and Cybernetics and Neurocomputing, and 3 patents have been granted for inventions (China).
Neural Network, Deep Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Learnable Arbitrary dimensional Cellular Neural Network and Its New Applications, National Natural Science Foundation of China，2012.1-2015.12；
- Research on key technologies of multi-source information fusion in biometric identification，Doctoral Program (New Teacher) Fund Project of the Ministry of Education，2010.01-2012.12；
- Key technologies of multi-source data fusion in biometrics，Central University Basic Research Funds Project，2010.01-2012.12；
- Dual-mode intelligent identity authentication system，Sichuan Science and Technology Plan Project，2010.03.-2011.06；
- Visual Cognition and Intelligent Computing of Human Face，National Natural Science Foundation of China，2010.01-2012.12；
Major academic achievement and academic contribution
（1）Refereed Journal Articles
- Luping Ji, Yan Ren, Xiaorong Pu, Guisong Liu. Median Local Ternary Patterns Optimized with Rotation-invariant Uniform-three Mapping for Noisy Texture Classification. Pattern Recognition, 79: 387-401, 2018 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2018.02.009)
- Luping Ji, Yan Ren, Guisong Liu, Xiaorong Pu. Training-based Gradient LBP Feature Models for Multi-resolution Texture Classification. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, In Press, DOI: 10.1109/TCYB.2017.2748500, 2017
- Luping Ji, Xiaorong PU, Hong Qu, Guisong Liu. One-dimensional Pairwise CNN for the Global Alignment of Two DNA Sequences. Neurocomputing, vol.149 (Part B): 505-514, 2015.
- Luping Ji, Zhang Yi: Fingerprint Orientation Field Estimation Using Ridge Projection, Pattern Recognition, vol. 41, no. 5, 1508-1520, May 2008.
- Luping Ji, Zhang Yi, Lifeng Shang: An Improved Pulse Coupled Neural Network Model for Image Processing, Neural Computing and Applications, vol.17, no.3, 255-263, June 2008.
- Luping Ji, Zhang Yi: A Mixed Noise Image Filtering Method Using Weighted-Linking PCNNs, Neurocomputing, vol.71, 2986-3000, 2008.
- Luping Ji, Zhang Yi, Lifeng Shang, Xiaorong Pu: Binary Fingerprint Image Thinning using Template-based PCNNs, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, Cybernetics, vol.37, no.5, 1407-1413, Oct. 2007.
（2）Refereed International Conference Articles
- Luping Ji, Xiaorong Pu, Guisong Liu. Global Similarity Computation of Chinese Texts via 1D-PW CNN. In proceedings of IES-2014, vol.1: 237-246, 2014
- Luping Ji, Xiaorong Pu，et al. Face Extraction from Video Sequences by K-means Clustering and Fusion. In the proceedings of CSAE 2011, v1:358-361, 2011
- Luping Ji, Xiaorong Pu, Guisong Liu. Modified PCNN Filtering for Fingerprint Enhancement. In Proceedings of ICNC’09, TianJin, China, vol.2, 404-408.
- Luping Ji, Zhang Yi: SVM-based Fingerprint Classification Using Orientation Field, In Proceedings of ICNC’07, Haikou, China, vol.II, 724-727.
- Luping Ji, Zhang Yi, Xiaorong Pu: Fingerprint Classification by SPCNN and Combined LVQ Networks, in Proceedings of ICNC’06, Xi’an, China, Part I, LNCS 4221, 395-398.